I was originally going to post this on Wednesday but I’m really not good at scheduling posts, but anyway today I’m bringing you a post about my 2017 reading and blogging goals.
- Read 35 books: I’m not going to have a lot of time to read I debated a lot on what to set my goal I wanted something that’s achievable and will hopefully motivate me to read more. I think 35 books is going to be that perfect goal for me but it would be nice if I ended up reading more than that.
- Read more diverse books: This has been a popular discussion lately and I know a lot of people have this same goal for the new year. My priority is reading more books about mental health. I’m aiming to read one book a month that’s about mental health.
- Add some variety: This applies to both reading and blogging I don’t want to talk about the same books all the time. I want to read less popular books and I think this will benefit my blog. I don’t want to always be talking about the same books that are all over the bookternet. I want my blog to have a verity of posts I’m brainstorming for some creative ideas so hopefully I come up with some cool post ideas.
- Try Historical Fiction I love period dramas but for some reason I haven’t read much historical fiction and I would like to change that. My favorite period drama is Downton Abby I love to read some books that take place around the same time.
- Get into comics: I’ve been saying this for forever but 2017 is going to be the year I finally get into comic books and graphic novels. There’s been so many female led comics recently so I feel like it’s the perfect time to start reading them.
Now I need your help I nead recommendations for books that fit my goals, I really need Historical recommendations I only have like three on my TBR. I also want you to tell me a book you love that deserves more hype.