I have seen a lot of people posting the 2016 bookish survey created by Jamie @Thepepetaulpageturner I started to do it but realized I kept mentioning the same book every other question. So instead I’m making up my own thing. I did take some inspiration from Jamie’s survey I liked all the questions but I just didn’t read enough books in 2016 to answer them. Without farther ado let’s take a look at my reading stats.
I didn’t do to badly I was hoping to read 30 books but oh well. The important thing is the quality of the books I read. Overall my year book wise was pretty good it wasn’t the best year, there was a few disappointing reads and a few that were fun but not amazing and slightly forgettable. Three books are now my favorite books of all time so that makes up for the just okay reads.
Top Three Favorites
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom: I just really love these two and the characters, I haven’t been able to stop thinking of them since finishing it. Full review
- Persuasion: I didn’t know I could love a Jane Austen novel as much as Pride and Prejudice but was pleased to discover that I could. There both so romantic and well written novels I can’t choose between them.
Best series ender
- The Winner’s Kiss: There was one to many loose ends but other then that I loved it. Full review
- Empire of Storms: It wasn’t as good as most of the books in the series but was still awesome and I discovered a new favorite character, Elide who is just amazing.
- The Wrath and the Dawn: The writing was so beautiful and everything was described in so detail, the food the clothes it made the world so vivid. Full review
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone: The pacing was wired and the insta love was annoying I wish I could love this like most everyone else bu I just don’t . Full review
- The Diabolic: There was so much potential but it ended up being a mess there was so much that wasn’t handled well.Full review
Worst series ender
- The Raven King: I said in my mini review that it was anti climactic but otherwise enjoyable but now that time has passed I’ve come to realize that there is actually a lot of things I don’t like about it. Full Review
It wasn’t a awful year but it also wasn’t that great I’m really hoping 2017 will be a better year for reading and well just better all around.
How many books did you read this year? What is your favorite book you read?