At the end of last year I posted a short list of reading goals now that the year is half way over, actually over half way over, I meant to write this last month. Anyway I thought it would be fun to see how well I’m keeping up my goals as well as talk about some of my favorite books I’ve read so far this year.
- Read 35 books: I’ve already read 30 books so I’m doing great on this goal I am currently in a bit of a reading slump but I think I’m going to still end up reading 45-50 books this year.
- Read more diverse books: Specifically read one book a month that deals with mental health, I did very good on this goal so far I’ve read six mental health books. It wasn’t one book every month but as long as I end up reading around ten books with a main focus on mental health then I will be satisfied. And I have read books that are diverse in other ways.
- Add some variety: I haven’t been doing as well with this one as i would like to be I have a read a few lesser known books but for the most part they’ve been popular. I also haven’t been posting as wide of a range of content as I planned to at the beginning of the year.
- Try Historical Fiction: I have read a grand total of two historical fiction books so this differently isn’t going well, however there is still time to do better on this goal. The book I plan next to read is a historical fiction so I’m definitely planning on reading a few more books in the genre before the years over.
- Get into comics: I have succeeded in this I’ve read most of the comics I own and I’ve enjoyed all of them. My favorite comics I’ve read is definitely Squirrel Girl I highly recommend them there quirky, funny and a complete delight.
- Hunted (review)
- The Girl with the Ghost Machine (review)
- Queens of Geek (recommendation post)
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl vol 1
- Geekerella (review)
Hunted is my favorite out of these but the rest are in no particular order.
I didn’t expect any of these books to make this list a lot of the books I’ve read so far have been surprising. There had been a few books I though I was sure I would like more then I did and books I didn’t know I would end up loving it as much as I do. There’s been a lot of disappointments but also a lot of pleasant surprises all around it’s been a good reading year.
How many books have you read so far? What are some of your favorite books you’ve read this year?