I think we all have those books that we keep meaning to read usually because the internet or a friend won’t stop talking about it but for whatever reason we keep not reading. I have a ton of modern classics that everyone but me seems to have read and loved that I want to read and have been wanting to read, I’ve even started a few of them, I keep prioritizing new releases or books I already own over them. There’s a few books mainly quintessential ones that most everyone agrees you should read at least once in your life that I want to read before the end of the year most are classics others are ones I want to finaly make time for.
- The Books Thief: So many of my blogger friends have told me to read this and I’m finaly going to do it! The reason why I haven’t is I’m scared I won’t like it as much as everyone else does. I also know it’s sad and I’m not sure I’m prepared for the heartbreak.
- Mansfield Park: This is the last complete Jane Austen novel I have to read I have I feeling it will be my least favorite however every Austen novel is bound to be charming and witty.
- The Night Circus: This is another book that I feel like the whole internet is screaming at me to read I’m pretty sure I’ll like I just haven’t gotten to it yet.
- Still Star Crossed: This isn’t the sort of thing I usually read but it recently became a show and I’ve heard good things about the show and the book so I want to give the book a chance before I watch the show.
- Murder on the Orient Express: Another books that’s getting adapted, this looks like it’s going to be an amazing movie it has Daisy Ridley and Josh Gad in it who I both like and the trailer was spectacular.
- Ready Player One: This book is also becoming a movie it’s not coming out until next year so it’s not as much of a priority as the others I have plenty of time to read it before the movie comes out.
Are there any books you need to read before the year’s over? Which one of these do you think I should read first?