This year I’ve decided to post a list of my favorite things I discovered or did each month. I don’t have many this month January mostly consisted of listening to Disney music, going to work, reading and cuddling with my cats basically it was pretty typical. I also spent a ridiculous amount of time watching YouTube videos.
The Last Jedi
This was my most anticipated movie of 2017 I went to see it on New Years day, watching Star Wars is the perfect way to start a new year. I absolutely love this movie I have my complaints with it but overall it is epic. I don’t know why people have so many issues with this movie I think it’s amazing. I love the message of learning from failure and I didn’t mind that it was often dark, Star Wars has always had dark moments, it was still extremely hopeful. I loved the direction the movie took the Star Wars franchise needed a little something different.
Tangled the Series
I started watching this just because it was Tangled and that’s my favorite Disney movie at first it was a little too silly. But it got better and I was surprised by how invested I become it is now one of my favorite shows. I adore the new characters, the style of animation is so pretty and the story is actually very good. Plus there’s some pretty good songs that are written by the same people who wrote the music in the movie. I am so glad the original team came back it would not have been the same without Mandy Moor and Zachary Levi.
Netgally and Hoopla
I started using Netgally again this month and I’m quickly getting redacted to it. I also discovered Hoopla which is a library service that’s similar to Overdrive but they of course have different things. They have, movies, shows, and music as well as a ton of books and the best part is that there are a ton of comic books. Comics are so expensive and while I would much rather read physical copies I’ll take what I can get. The only downside is that you can only barrow six things a month.
Sky in the Deep
This book is epic it’s about a girl whose clan has been at war with the Riki centuries. One day she’s on the battlefield and sees her brother who she thought was dead fighting with the enemy. What follows leeds her to question everything she believes in. Sounds intriguing right? it has lovely writing, wonderful characters, and epic battles. It doesn’t come out until April 24th I will be posting a review closer to its release. I would definitely recommend picking it up when it hits shelves or requesting it on Netgally.
I have been at a loose for post ideas lately and I think this is probably not going to be the most interesting of posts but it’s all I can think off right now. I figured since I have been reading a lot recently that I would give you guys a reading update. I’m going to share with you the books I’ve recently read, what I’m currently reading and what I plan to read next. I have already read seven books this month and an half way through another one, I don’t usually read more then five books a month. They have all been short which is mostly why I’ve read so much four of them were comics that only took me a few hours to read.
Books I’ve finished
- Runaways vol 1 & 2: Very fun and filled with teen angst but I’m not in a hurry to read the next installment.
- Paper girls vol 1: This is my favorite read of the year so far.
- This is not the End: This one was quite different, I don’t even know what genre you would label it as, I had some issues with it but overall it was good.
- Rapunzel’s revenge: The story was sweet but I wasn’t a big fan of the art style.
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in this One: I think I like this better then her first collection I did feel like it was occasionally reparative though. I really liked the overall theme and messages and found many of the poams to be empowering.
- A Wrinkle in Time: I can understand why this is a classic but I personally don’t love it. But I’m am very excited for the movie the effects look spectacular. It does look like it will deviate from the book but I don’t think I’ll mind.
- The Shadow Queen: I’ve only read the first two chapters of this it’s good but I don’t think I’ll finish it before my library loan expires. I got distracted by the next book on the list and now I’m not really in the mood for this one.
- The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe: I’m liking this a lot more then I thought I would I’m not even sure what compelled me to pick it up maybe it was because of how cold it’s been.
- The Girl Drank the Moon: I actually already started this but it’s been over a month so it doesn’t really count as being currently read. I would like to finish this soon I just keep getting distracted by other books but I think I’ll puck it up again soon.
- Prince Caspian: I think I want to read these slowly so I will probably read about one a month. I might not even get to this one in February there’s a lot of good books coming out or that have just come out and I want to catch up on new releases.
- The Radical Element: I’m so excited that I got approved for this on Netgally! I adored A Tyranny of Petticoats I can’t wait to read more stories about dauntless girls written by equally amazing and inspiring women.
I’m planning on preordering Sightwitch abd Heart of Iron and I will most likely read them as soon as I get them I’m so excited for them. I normally don’t buy books often but seeing as how they come out around by birthday and how there by two of my favorite authors I decided to treat myself. I was going to buy these in store so I wouldn’t have to wait on them to ship but it’s going to be cheaper to order them online.
What’s the best book you read recently? What are you currently reading? And what do you plan on reading next?
Hey guys I haven’t posted in nearly two weeks because I”m in a dreaded blogging slump I’ve tried everything I can think off to get out of it and nothing has helped. The only thing left to do is take a break. I don’t want to but I’ve only written three posts all month I have very little motivation or inspiration to write anything but reviews. So I will still be posting reviews but other then that don’t expect much from me this month hopefully I’ll make a triumphant return in June. Now on to happier news.
April was I pretty good month there was Easter which is always lovely and prom which was okay it was better then I expected it to be and my dress was beautiful. I watched a lot of television this month I finally saw Fantastic Beasts and Doctor Strange I adored both of them. I’ve gotten weirdly into The Great British Baking Show I don’t bake and it’ s not the kind of show I usually like but I think it’s really entertaining.
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstay (4/5 stars)
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wild (4/5 stars)
- The Trails of Apollo by Rick Riordan (3/5 stars)
- The Dragon with the Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis (4/5 stars)
- The Girl With the Ghost Machine by Lauren DeStefano (4.5/5 stars)
I had a great reading month I enjoyed everything I read The Girl With the Ghost Machine surprised me I wasn’t even planning on reading it this month or on it being not just my favorite book of the month but one of my favorite books of the year. I read two great middle grades this month and now I want to read more but I only know of a few please let me know if you have any recommendations.
This month definitely wasn’t the best blogging wise I didn’t post that much and my stats reflect that but at least I’m happy with everything I posted. I’m especially happy with my post on spectacular library’s I spent forever on it longer then any other post I’ve ever written and I’m really proud of the end result. That’s all for this wrap up as always I hope you had I great April and that this month is even better. May should be an interesting month I graduate High School this month and that’s exiting I’m been ready to graduate for a while. There’s also a lot of books coming out and Guardians of the Galaxy releases in just four days! It’s my second most anticipated movie of 2017 I’m so exited for it. Okay now I’m actually done. Tell me what you read in April in the comments.
This month was rather mediocre nothing of note happend just the usual things, so I don’t even feel the need to have a life update section this month, I’ll just go straight to the reading and blogging updates.
- Geekerella (4/5 stars)
- Air Awakens (3/5 stars)
- A Court of Mist and Fury (3/5 stars)
- Girl out of Water (4/5 stars)
- Shadow Scale (3.5/5 stars)
I didn’t read as much as I wanted too this month and I made one bad decision I shouldn’t have read ACOMAF I really like the side characters but I already knew all the main plot points and ultimately this series isn’t my thing. I don’t think New Adult books are for me I love reading about characters who are around 18-25 but I could do without the explicit scenes. Everything else I read this month was enjoyable but Geekerella is the only book I truly loved.
I changed my goodreads goal to 40 it was 35 I’m still ahead of it but I don’t want to increase it more since I’m not expecting to have a lot of time to read in the next few months. I’m worried about how I’m going to keep managing this blog, in a few months I’ll have a job and be taking some classes at the community college blogging takes up so much of my time currently it’s not a problem but soon it’s going to be hard to be as active on here. I’m sad just thinking about it.
I felt like my posts this month weren’t that good but my stats have been amazing and numbers definitely aren’t the most important thing but knowing people enjoyed them does make me a lot feel better about the quality of my posts.I’m actually questioning why I even write wrap ups I like having a list of what I read and posted but there so boring and short I’m not sure if I’ll continue to do them after this. Would you guy care if I stopped witting wrap ups? Do you have any ideas on how I can make them more interesting?
A lot happened this month some good like getting my braces of! And eating chocolate covered almonds for the first time in two years and some not so great things happened like being sick and very anxious about well everything.
February is my birthday month and I’m now eighteen it feels strange to be an “adult” anyway.. the best gift I got is The Selection coloring book. Coloring always helps calm me down, and it’s so cool to color my favorite characters, my favorite pages are the quotes there lovely my only complaint is that there are not as many pages as I would have liked.
- Squirrel girl Vol. 1 (4/5 stars)
- The Falconer (3/5 stars) review
- Bad Blood (4/5 stars)
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Shannon & Dean Hale (4.8/5 stars)
It was a disappointing reading month I expected to read more but sadly I was in a slump most of the month and one of the books was not what I was expecting. March should be a good reading month Beat the Backlist is having a read a thon weekend and I plan on making sure I can spend that whole weekend reading. It’s been forever since I’ve even spent a day reading, it will be fun and relaxing. I’m still ahead of my goodreads goal I’m gong increase it I just haven’t decided what to change it to yet.
I’m proud of myself for sticking to a schedule and posting twice every week I achieved this through scheduling. I’m getting better about scheduling posts and it makes things so much easier and less stressful.
That’s all for this short wrap up, how was your month?What books did you read?
So far 2017 is alright nothing remarkable has happened but nothing bad has happened either so there’s room for improvement. That’s really all I have to say about my life, other then reading some good books and watching the amazing Netflix adaption of A Series of Unfortunate Events, nothing very notable has happened.
February looks like it’s going to be a little more interesting though, Valentines day is this month I’ve always liked Valentines I like to spend it treating myself or having a girls day. Another cool thing happening is my birthday turning eighteen is scary it also means a lot of exiting things are ahead of me. With so many big decisions and changes happening I often feel overwhelmed but I’m trying to stay positive and I know God has a lot of good things in store for me. Now it’s time for the fun part the books!
- Done Dirt Cheap (4.2/5 stars)
- The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennett (3/5 stars) Review
- The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennett (3.5/5 stars) Review
- Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (2.5/5 stars) Review
- The Star Touched Queen (4.5/5 stars) Review
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One (3/5 stars) Review
I choose a good book to start the year with I’ll post a review closer to the release date I got it from NetGalley I finally made a account and I of course love it and the book too. Six books in one month is great for me I’m ahead of Goodreads goal! We’ll see how long that lasts. It was a good reading month except for failing my classic a month challenge that is hopefully I’ll do better this month.
It was a decent blogging month I feel into a little bit of a slump for two weeks and only posting two things I had scheduled because I didn’t write any posts those weeks, luckily I conjured the slump. I have already scheduled a ton of posts for this month and will be posting twice every week. I’ve also been experimenting with my posting schedule and I decided to post on Sunday’s and Wednesday’s, obviously there will sometimes be reviews and spontaneous pots on other days.
That’s all for this wrap up, as always I hope you had a good month and that this one is even better.
November was crazy for me it was fun but busy I didn’t have much time for reading or blogging because of that this will be a short post. I didn’t even have much time to read other blogs so if you tagged me in anything tell me in the comments.
Girl Over Paris
- Beautiful art and fun story. 4/5 stars
A Thousand Pieces of You
- Imaginative well written and fun. 4/5 stars
This was not a very good month for reading at least I’m still on track with my reading goal I have one book to go but it looks like I won’t surpass it like I thought. I liked both the things I read equally they were both delightful reads.
Tags & awards
This month has also been a bad one for blogging I just haven’t had the time. I don’t expect next month to be much better I’m not going to post at all Christmas week I want tp spend that time with my family and not be thinking about this blog. But the problem is that I’m in a blogging slump I have so many ideas but when I try to write them I find I don’t know what to say if I force myself to write I end pu hating so for now I’m stuck.
- I went to New York it was cool I saw Aladdin and it was a little disappointing but overall it was a good trip.
- I went to see Moana I loved it and now I’m listing to he soundtrack non stop
- It’s Christmas time! This is my favorite holiday there’s yummy food and of course presents. My favorite thing about this time of year is how everyone is jolly most people are excited and friendly all the kindness that it brings out is what makes Christmas special.
I’m not doing the around the web section this time I haven’t read many posts or seen any cool announcements. I hope those of you who celebrate it had a great thanksgiving and that you have a wonderful Christmas.
This is my first time doing a wrap up I didn’t really want to do wrap ups before because I don’t read that many books per month and I review most of them so I thought it would be kinda boring. I looked at other bloggers wrap ups and I found a few things to hopefully make this a little more fun.
P.S I Still Love by Jenny Han
- Adorable but not as much as the first one. 3/5 stars
Empire of Storms
- So epic! I’m sad there’s only one more book. 5/5 stars
- Definitely the best book of the year. 5/5 stars
I I didn’t read very much thanks to Crooked Kingdom, after reading it I haven’t wanted to read anything I don’t actually mode reading slumps it means it was a good book. I have been waiting to read something all weekend but no books have stood out to me. I tried reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth but I only got a few pages in when the most cliche love triangle started. Now I don’t know what I’m going to read next.
Top five Wednesday
It’s been a good month for blogging I’m so happy with how well this blog is doing. I’m greatfull for everyone who likes and comments on my posts, your all awesome.
Around the web
- I’m going on vacation I’ll be gone most of November so expect less posts from me I’ll probably only be able to post once a week.
- I convinced my little brother to read Six of Crows and he likes it so far, he doesn’t read often so getting him to read anything is a challenge. I’m always happy when I convince someone to read a book.
- I got a kitten! (Actually my little brother did) he’s adorable and very fluffy we decided to name him Fuzzmuffin. I’ll be posting photos of the cutie on my bookstagram soon.
Well that’s about it Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it. What are your Halloween plans? I’m planning on watching The Nightmare Before Christmas with my brother it’s a tradition and of course eating lots of sweets.