I have been at a loose for post ideas lately and I think this is probably not going to be the most interesting of posts but it’s all I can think off right now. I figured since I have been reading a lot recently that I would give you guys a reading update. I’m going to share with you the books I’ve recently read, what I’m currently reading and what I plan to read next. I have already read seven books this month and an half way through another one, I don’t usually read more then five books a month. They have all been short which is mostly why I’ve read so much four of them were comics that only took me a few hours to read.
Books I’ve finished
- Runaways vol 1 & 2: Very fun and filled with teen angst but I’m not in a hurry to read the next installment.
- Paper girls vol 1: This is my favorite read of the year so far.
- This is not the End: This one was quite different, I don’t even know what genre you would label it as, I had some issues with it but overall it was good.
- Rapunzel’s revenge: The story was sweet but I wasn’t a big fan of the art style.
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in this One: I think I like this better then her first collection I did feel like it was occasionally reparative though. I really liked the overall theme and messages and found many of the poams to be empowering.
- A Wrinkle in Time: I can understand why this is a classic but I personally don’t love it. But I’m am very excited for the movie the effects look spectacular. It does look like it will deviate from the book but I don’t think I’ll mind.
- The Shadow Queen: I’ve only read the first two chapters of this it’s good but I don’t think I’ll finish it before my library loan expires. I got distracted by the next book on the list and now I’m not really in the mood for this one.
- The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe: I’m liking this a lot more then I thought I would I’m not even sure what compelled me to pick it up maybe it was because of how cold it’s been.
- The Girl Drank the Moon: I actually already started this but it’s been over a month so it doesn’t really count as being currently read. I would like to finish this soon I just keep getting distracted by other books but I think I’ll puck it up again soon.
- Prince Caspian: I think I want to read these slowly so I will probably read about one a month. I might not even get to this one in February there’s a lot of good books coming out or that have just come out and I want to catch up on new releases.
- The Radical Element: I’m so excited that I got approved for this on Netgally! I adored A Tyranny of Petticoats I can’t wait to read more stories about dauntless girls written by equally amazing and inspiring women.
I’m planning on preordering Sightwitch abd Heart of Iron and I will most likely read them as soon as I get them I’m so excited for them. I normally don’t buy books often but seeing as how they come out around by birthday and how there by two of my favorite authors I decided to treat myself. I was going to buy these in store so I wouldn’t have to wait on them to ship but it’s going to be cheaper to order them online.
What’s the best book you read recently? What are you currently reading? And what do you plan on reading next?