I don’t actually have a list of goals this year I’m not putting any sort of pressure on myself by assigning goals I’ll almost surly not meet. I’m going to be going to college in 2018 and while that’s exiting it’s also nerve racking and it’s gonna be enough to handle. My main plan for 2018 is to have the best freshman year of college I can possibly have. I’ve been waiting a while to go to college it’s something I have wanted for a while and I ended up having to put it off for a year. It made this year harder because I wasn’t where I wanted to be but it makes me all the more determined to get everything I can from the experience.
I just found out last night that I got accepted into my top choice of college! They have literally everything I was looking for in a school including a fantastic study abroad program where you get to stay in a castle, well it’s practically a castle. For those wondering, I plan to major in creative writing with a possible double major in journalism. I plan to use my degree to pursue a career as a children’s/middle grade book editor.
As far as reading goes U don’t have any plans for 2018 I’m setting my Goodreads goal to thirty books my average a year is fifty so I’m sure I can do it. I really just want to keep up with what books I read I don’t want to pressure myself to read a certain amount. I don’t know how overwhelming college will be and I’m not sure how busy I’ll be in the meantime. So for now my only plans are to enjoy the books I do read I have no problem stopping a book in the middle. I have gotten pretty good at figuring out within a few chapters if a book is right for me. Life is too short, and there’s too many good books, to wast time reading bad ones.
I want to continue to branch out and try new genres I might even try reading some adult books but I really wouldn’t know where to start. I will definitely continue to read comics I fell in love with them this year and I would also like to start posting about them, and I would also like to follow blogs that post about comics. Right now I follow a few people why read comics but, like me, they don’t mention them often.
I think that’s all of my plans for 2018 what are your plans bookish or otherwise?
I have decided to do blogmas or my own version of it anyways. Blogmas, or vlogmas the YouTube equivalent, is when you post everyday of December until Christmas. I will be posting during the twelve days leading up to Christmas. I have wanted to do this since I first started blogging but it is intimidating. Posting for twelve days straight seems immensely difficult but I’m going to try it. I’m actually really excited for it!
I have been disappointed in myself for being so inconsistent on here but at least I can end the year on a high note. I need some ideas though if there is anything you’d like for me to post let me know. And if you have any Christmas related post ideas I would be so grateful I want to post as least a few Christmasy things. Feel free to link me to your Christmas posts, if you have any, so I can draw inspiration from you lovely and creative people.
I also want to say thanks to everyone who commented and offered their support on my last post. ❤ I’m feeling a lot more excited and motivated to blog. I’m going to make the time to make this blog into what I want it to be. I don’t think I’ll ever be satisfied with my blog but that’s good because it means I’ll always strive to be better. There’s always room for improvement, after all.
I think all bloggers can agree that blogging slumps are awful, I mentioned in my April wrap up that I was in a one and I’m happy to say I that after two months I’m finally out of it! I have been for almost two weeks you might be wondering why I’ve haven’t really been around. There’s a couple of reasons, this post is mostly going to be an update telling you those reading, I’ll also be sharing some tips on how to get out of a blogging slump.
First I’ll tell you what’s been going on, I haven’t been around because while I love blogging I needed a break from it. I really needed to sort some things and just needed time to focus on some of the things happening in my life. Taking a brake gave me more time to read and for the first time in a year I spent more time reading then I did talking about books. That’s part of why I haven’t really been around for the last to weeks I was busy. It was nice to have more reading time but I really missed interacting with you guys, I’m happy to be back and excited about all the posts I have planned I’m more excited about blogging then I have been in months. I have been writing and scheduling a lot of posts, and I’m really excited for you to read them.
Now it’s time to move on to the hopefully helpful tips on dealing with the dreaded blogging slump. I’ve never done any kind of advice post so I’m a little nervous about posting this.
1. Look for inspiration: My first tip is my advice to anyone whose running low on blogging inspiration. Try asking someone for ideas or read other blogs. I often find inspiration by reading my favorite blogs another idea is to go to the bookstore! Often just being surrounded by books makes me think of things to say about them. This is also good advice for anyone in a reading slump often being in a bookstore or library reminds me of how amazing books are and can help you to discover a great new book.
2. Force yourself through it: A lot of time when I’m struggling with writing a post or thinking of an idea it helps to write an easy post like a wrap up, weakly feature, whatever you consider to be easy or quick to write. Writing something that doesn’t require me to think up an idea often gives me the motivation to write something that does.
3. Take a break: Take a step back from blogging and hopefully in time you’ll find motivation and excitement to come back to your blog. I’ve found that blogging slumps can be tied to reading slumps so maybe try focusing on getting out of that and you’ll get out of your blogging slump as well. Last year I didn’t read much there where months when I only read two books and since reading gives us our ideas it my blog suffered for it.
Did you find these tips helpful? Do you have any tips, I want to know how do you deal with blogging slumps?
It’s been exactly a year since I created this blog it actuality feels like it’s been longer, I reread my very first post this morning as a reminder of why I started blogging and looking back it’s not the best first post, really none of my early posts are that great. I’ve certainly grown in the last year my posts have gotten a lot better and that nervousness I used to feel when hitting the post button has turned to excitement I’m always so exited to share my poss with you guys I put a lot of effort and time into each one and I have a ton of fun writing them.
I love blogging it’s the only place I really have to share my thoughts about the books I read, I love how blogging gives me a platform to promote those books I feel deserve more love, gush about my favorite books, rant about the ones I think are overrated and discuss all kinds of bookish things. I like challenging myself to think up creative content, even if sometimes it’s so hard to think of a single idea. Those moments where I’m staring at a blank screen unable to think of of an idea are pretty awful but then I think of one or maybe I don’t and miss a post that’s okay too the worlds not going to end if you miss a post, blogging should never become something you feel like you have to do. Blogging is at times frustrating, takes so so much time certainly more then I thought it would yet it is so worth it and is one of my most favorite things, I never want to stop.
Since I’ve started blogging I’ve gotten to interact with authors on twitter, and meet a few of them, I have discovered new favorite authors and so many great books, I have even gotten to read a few books early and that is such an amazing privilege. In the last year I have spent way more time photographing, talking and writing about books then reading them books are something I’ll never run out of things to say about I am always exited about the wonder of reading. I am very proud of this blog and I’m thankful to every single one of you lovely humans who follows me, I’m great-full for every single like and comment all of the sweet comments and support I have received in the past year mean the world to me.
Hey guys I haven’t posted in nearly two weeks because I”m in a dreaded blogging slump I’ve tried everything I can think off to get out of it and nothing has helped. The only thing left to do is take a break. I don’t want to but I’ve only written three posts all month I have very little motivation or inspiration to write anything but reviews. So I will still be posting reviews but other then that don’t expect much from me this month hopefully I’ll make a triumphant return in June. Now on to happier news.
April was I pretty good month there was Easter which is always lovely and prom which was okay it was better then I expected it to be and my dress was beautiful. I watched a lot of television this month I finally saw Fantastic Beasts and Doctor Strange I adored both of them. I’ve gotten weirdly into The Great British Baking Show I don’t bake and it’ s not the kind of show I usually like but I think it’s really entertaining.
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstay (4/5 stars)
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wild (4/5 stars)
- The Trails of Apollo by Rick Riordan (3/5 stars)
- The Dragon with the Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis (4/5 stars)
- The Girl With the Ghost Machine by Lauren DeStefano (4.5/5 stars)
I had a great reading month I enjoyed everything I read The Girl With the Ghost Machine surprised me I wasn’t even planning on reading it this month or on it being not just my favorite book of the month but one of my favorite books of the year. I read two great middle grades this month and now I want to read more but I only know of a few please let me know if you have any recommendations.
This month definitely wasn’t the best blogging wise I didn’t post that much and my stats reflect that but at least I’m happy with everything I posted. I’m especially happy with my post on spectacular library’s I spent forever on it longer then any other post I’ve ever written and I’m really proud of the end result. That’s all for this wrap up as always I hope you had I great April and that this month is even better. May should be an interesting month I graduate High School this month and that’s exiting I’m been ready to graduate for a while. There’s also a lot of books coming out and Guardians of the Galaxy releases in just four days! It’s my second most anticipated movie of 2017 I’m so exited for it. Okay now I’m actually done. Tell me what you read in April in the comments.
This month was rather mediocre nothing of note happend just the usual things, so I don’t even feel the need to have a life update section this month, I’ll just go straight to the reading and blogging updates.
- Geekerella (4/5 stars)
- Air Awakens (3/5 stars)
- A Court of Mist and Fury (3/5 stars)
- Girl out of Water (4/5 stars)
- Shadow Scale (3.5/5 stars)
I didn’t read as much as I wanted too this month and I made one bad decision I shouldn’t have read ACOMAF I really like the side characters but I already knew all the main plot points and ultimately this series isn’t my thing. I don’t think New Adult books are for me I love reading about characters who are around 18-25 but I could do without the explicit scenes. Everything else I read this month was enjoyable but Geekerella is the only book I truly loved.
I changed my goodreads goal to 40 it was 35 I’m still ahead of it but I don’t want to increase it more since I’m not expecting to have a lot of time to read in the next few months. I’m worried about how I’m going to keep managing this blog, in a few months I’ll have a job and be taking some classes at the community college blogging takes up so much of my time currently it’s not a problem but soon it’s going to be hard to be as active on here. I’m sad just thinking about it.
I felt like my posts this month weren’t that good but my stats have been amazing and numbers definitely aren’t the most important thing but knowing people enjoyed them does make me a lot feel better about the quality of my posts.I’m actually questioning why I even write wrap ups I like having a list of what I read and posted but there so boring and short I’m not sure if I’ll continue to do them after this. Would you guy care if I stopped witting wrap ups? Do you have any ideas on how I can make them more interesting?
No one nominated me but I have been seeing this around and I just really wanted to do it because I love making aesthetics and I wanted to do something a little different, fun and not entirely book related.
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
All photos taken from pinterest
About the photos
- Flowers and castle: This one isn’t for any person significance it’s just because it’s lovely. It looks like something from a fairytale and anything fairytale like is my kind of thing.
- Cat: I couldn’t find a photo of my kitty that looked good with the others so I find this one instead it fits since both of my cats are grey.
- Feminist pin: This is self explanatory, I’m a feminist and I love cats.
- Qoute #1: If you can’t tell it says “When the world owed you nothing you demanded something of it anyway” this is from my favorite book Crooked Kingdom. And it’s one of my favorite quotes ever, or quite possibly my favorite, it’s hard to choose.
- Quote #2: “I think I am finally clean“A lyric from one of my favorite songs Clean by Taylor Swift that has a lot of significance to me.
- Book and coffee: Obviously I love books and I also like pretty flowers and very sweet coffee
- Disney: I’m a huge Disney nerd in fact I just got home fromseeing Beauty and the Beast, (it was magical) and I just thought this was a cute picture.
- Scotland: There’s so, so many places I want to see Scotland is towards the top of my list.
I’m not going to nominate anyone specificaly since it’s late and I’m tired but I want to nominate anyone who wants to do this fun, time consuming award.